Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Healthy Website

The USDA has a pretty good site devoted to the new food pyramid. You can input your age, sex and physical activity to assess how much of which nutrients you should eat. IN addition you can track what you eat and the physical activity that you do to have a personalized assessment of your eating habit. I love it. It is my new diet planning tool.

I think I am going to track my weight loss efforts on the blog. This worked well with smoking, and I think it may be good for the diet thing too. I took some "before" pics when I started WW a few months back and then I quit going a ballooned back to the same size I was in the old "before" pics, so maybe I will post them, but I don't know. I really hate the way I look in them. That could also serve as a motivated though.

Yesterday I began this journey (again, but hopefully for the last time). I ate well yesterday and it's been so far so good today. I also woke up early and rode the exercise bike for 20 mins. I about died on it, but that will only improve. I am just proud that I actually woke up and did it.

I will do an official weigh-in today at lunch and report the results. One of the nice things about where I work is that we have a nurse's office and she has a good "doctor's" scale, so I can do pretty accurate weigh-ins. Will weigh in every Tuesday and swap notes with Shan who still is going to WW successfully and weighs-in on Tuesdays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber,
I went to that website when I became vegetarian a few months ago. IYt really is great. Gives any kind of food health advice you need. As a vegetarian and for my age gender adn weight it broke down what I need to be eating and even the amount of what colors of plants I need to be eating. It truely is so much better than the last food piramid. Good luck on the diet...that website will definitly be a great tool to help you loose the weight you want to loose.
~Wesley

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're getting back on it. I feel lost without anyone to trade notes with. Since Mom is at her goal weight and you don't come with me any more, I feel very lonely in my efforts and am convinced that that is why I've plateaued. However, my goal this week is to really get back on it. Tracking and everying. I will lose weight this week. I will exercise. I will be a success. I am a success! (that's what I learned this week at WW) I've recorded 2 days worth of stuff! (although yesterday I was negative 23 points!) YAY for me. Best wishes.
~Shan