Monday, October 03, 2005

Diet Update, New Dog, Alien Babies

Didn't do so hot on the diet this weekend. I didn't eat a lot, I just had like one meal a day, but it was generally pizza, and a lot of it.

We did a lot of packing this weekend and I think that had a lot to do with my not planning my meals. I will weigh in tomorrow and see what damage was done. By the way, my original weigh-in weight was 182. Hopefully there will be a nice dent in it tomorrow.

Yesterday D and I went to the dog pound with the intention of "looking" at dogs. Then, there was a calm, well-behaved, knows-all-kings-of-tricks chocolate lab. We fell in love and ended-up taking her home. She is a doll. Her name is Maple. She is so good that you can sit a treat on her nose and she'll wait until you give her the ok to eat it.

I had to explain the fact that we now have a dog to tell you this story. I woke up all excited about having a dog to walk in the morning. I have wanted to walk in the morning for a long time, but I am afraid to go by myself at 5:30 in the morning when it is so dark out. So, Maple and I are going for a nice stroll on the quiet streets of the suburb behind the apartment and enjoying ourselves when I happen to look up and see the strangest thing in the sky. There was a thick bluish green streak of light moving slowly across the sky until it faded into a small orange ember-like light. It was pretty and I wanted to look at it and then I thought to myself "What the crap was that?" and I got goosebumps and practically drug the dog back to the apartment. It really freaked me out.

Does anyone have any idea what I saw? I'd like to know if I should be expecting alien babies. If so, how long is the alien/human gestation period? I have been on the NASA website all day looking for an explanation of what I saw. So far I haven't had any luck and until I have further info Maple and I won't be walking in the morning.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Amber,

You might have been lucky enough to see the aurora borealis or northern lights. These are, like the name suggests, usually a northern thing. Alaska gets to see them a lot and here in Minnesota we get our fair share of sightings. Ohio, ehh, it's possible. Also, there might have been a few residual effects from the solar eclipse that happened yesterday. Although the best viewing places for the eclipse were Africa, Europe and Asia, it's possible that affected your walk this morning. If this happens again, take a pic!

Love ya,
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

I am giving the gestation period of your alien baby about 4 months. I think that with their advanced genetic makeup they are able to make you have the baby faster. You probably wont know you are pregnant as this is how these things work with the aliens. If you have a strange craving for frogs legs and asparagus covered in apricot jelly you know they have impregnated you. Its one of the strange side effects. Keep me updated on how the pregnancy is.
Yours,
Wes
ps...as you can see Im hella bored today...of course you wont be pregnant but Dustin probably is. They usually implant the seed into a woman and she impregates the man when they are having sex and he caries the baby to full term in his left testicle, these half breeds are really tiny so thats how they are able to grow there...if you havnt had sex in the last week he probably is safe...tell me if he has any discolorations or strange growths there. better yet dont I dont want to know...maybe he will have twins...how cute would two half alien half human twins be...maybe thats how psychics are made?? just a guess!