Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Best Kept Secret in Thailand

This e-mail just came from Wes who has been in Thailand since January enduring the cold showers:

Hey All,
So this is just a note to inform everyone that after months and months of cold water showers I no longer have to endure them, most of the time. I say most of the time because well sometimes there isnt enough water running and the pressure is really bad so I have to do bucket baths. I just found out that there was a button I wasnt pushing, a secret hidden button, that makes my hot water heater work. I felt so stupid when I discovered this today after all this time that it works. I even asked my land lord if I could get it fixed and he was just like no no no. Oh well maybe he didnt understand. At any rate I took my first hot water shower in my house this morning and it was great. Its all good because the cold season is starting and this is when I really need it because it is kind of cool in the mornings and evenings. Life is grand and you dont realize how much a good hot water shower changes your outlook on life until you dont have it and then suddenly realize you do. Words to remember and live by.
Yours,
Wesley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am posting a comment to say that we in America do not have hot water heaters so how was I to know how it works, the secret button was underneath up inside the machine, and my landlord told me it was broken to begin with...what was I to do...I feel I need to justify my stupidity to the world if its going to be posted for all the world to see lol
Yours,
Wesley

Chris said...

Wes,

How do we get hot water? Does it come in the house warm?

Love yas,
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

I just read Wesley's justification for his stupidity after my rebuttle about my stupidity. I've decided his is worse ;) At least I know we have hot water heaters in the US! Love ya
Shan

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,
The hot water heaters are the same here as in America. They are on little boxes on the walls by the shower..
Shannon,
Again, the hot water heaters arnt the same here as in the US. I know we have hot water heaters as it is a big box connected to my shower plasterd to the wall in my bathroom...I just didnt know how to work it correctly...and my landlard told me it was broken... I wqould like to see you fix one, they are complicated. Oh and