Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Nature Poo and Why I Like D

I went camping this weekend and it was about 97 degrees out there. Dustin and I rode four-wheelers and all of the dust and dirt just stuck to our sweaty skin. I was dirtier than I have been in a very long time. In a way it was all sort of liberating to get all dirty and stinky and not be able to care about it too much considering we couldn't do much about it since there was not showers. It made me feel like a kid on a hot summer day having too much fun playing to go in a take a bath.

There were also no toilets. I'd like to say that peeing in nature is not a big deal, but the nature poop...that's primative. As I told Wesley in an e-mail, I will never again stare down my cat as it poos in the litterbox. I used to do that just to tick it off and it would look at me like I was a real asshole. Turns out the cat was right - I am an asshole. One feels very vulnerable at that moment.

The whole primative camping and four-wheeling thing reminded me of one of my favorite things about my husband. He has a way of getting me to try things that I am affraid of and getting me to step outside of my comfort zone. Each time he has encouraged me to do something that I am affraid of I end up feeling rather confident afterwards, even if I suck at it (sking and water sking included). I am just glad that I tried it and have more confidence afterwards.

I know that the activities that I listed may not seem all that daring, but please consider that I am uncoordinated, unatheletic, and a clutz. Those activites are a real risk for someone like me and I was genuinley affraid to try them all.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Amber,

I laughed my ass off at your blog this morning. Once you began writing about peeing outside, I began to think of our bonfire parties and how crazy the outside peeing has been for us. I can't imagine poopin there - you rock! Maybe I'll try pooping outside this Saturday at my mom's. Thanks for the inspiration!

Love ya,
Chrissy

Amber said...

Chrissy,
Corn and a trailmix were inspiration enough for me!
Amber