Friday, April 14, 2006

Dancing, Cakes, and Other Projects

Just a quick update. I am loving my dance classes. I get really sweaty, and yet do not ever have the urge to destroy the instructor. With most aerobics classes, I end up staring at the instructor with a look of intent to cause harm and wishind for Superman-like beams to shoot out of my eyes and drop the instructor so that we do not have to go on. LOL Seriously, though, I am actually having fun while working out.

I am makeing a cake this weekend for Easter. The plan is for it to look like a big, colorful Easter basket complete with handle and chocolate bunny. This is my most ambititous cake yet, but I was inspired by cakes from the likes of Colette Peters. Not that mine will be nearly as spectacular, but I do admire her work.

I was flipping through channels this weekend and on TBS Dinner & a Movie was on and they gave tips about what to do with leftover fresh herbs. This is always a dilemma for me as I do love to buy fresh herbs, but always feel I waste a lot of them. So, this weekend I made a crockpot chicken, apples, onion thing with rosemary and had a ton leftover and followed the directions of Dinner & a Movie and chopped up the rosemary and put it in ice cube trays with water to use later in soups, or other dishes that could melt the ice. Isn't that a super idea? I think so.

Some recommendations on the recipe though, I made it wth both boneless chicken breasts and with drumsticks. the drumsticks were so sweet and delicious, but the breasts were really bland. Also, the apples and onions became a big mushy mess. Perhaps I will use less liquid next time. I need a way to harness these flavors without the grey mush that resluts. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Wesley said...

Awesome! Im always using herbs and waste most of them. Thanks!